David Ellis Call
2633 McKinney Avenue
130-513 Cell: 214.679.9263
Dallas, TX 75204 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Established and well-respected Interior Designer with extensive experience in all
phases of residential and small scale commercial design. A quick learner of areas not experienced with a strong working knowledge of space planning, conceptual design, design software, materials management and client relations.
I find myself best suited in a Design Setting where I can collaborate with team members to achieve the goals set forth by our clients. Secondarily, I also work equally as well with the client as a consultant. Being a strong ally for them in their design, to ensure that all their desires are reached, while still being the voice of reason.
Strengths & Accomplishments
- Client relations and negotiation skills along with the service required to initiate sales.
- Extensive knowledge of and relations with all of the Dallas Design Community. Including all showrooms of the DD and the WTC.
- Strong background in: Lighting design, space planning, finish-out schedules, creative flooring designs, and architectural assessments for re-evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of textiles inherent to drapery, upholstery, and all areas of fabrication application.
- Interior design for upholstered furniture, case goods, decorative lighting, soft home, and all areas to complete a client’s Interior Design Concept.
1997 to Present
Independent Interior Designer
Project locations: Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, Los Angeles
- Create complete or required design concepts to completion for all areas of a client’s project needs. Ranging from material palettes, flooring, fabrics and furnishings for a timely implementation of designs as the point person for all contractors involved.
- Conducting pre-project inspection and analysis of sites and buildings to further confirm various details inherent to the design.
- Advising clients on various interior design aspects, including space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings, construction details to consider and schedule of project.
- Organize and plan budget, including client spreadsheets, purchasing documents and scheduling management for all areas of project.
1995 – 1998
J. Douglas Design, Dallas, TX
High-end retail design showroom in the Oaklawn Area of Dallas. Interior design services provided both in the showroom and with in-home consultations. Exceptional service and high sales volume. Responsibility for average annual sales of $ 1 M.
1992 – 1995
The Market Antiques, Plano, TX
Lead Interior Designer for this exceptional retail design concept. Providing high-end reproduction and original antiques, along with more modern furnishings for the discriminating buyer. Primary focus was those clients requiring in-home design services to bring a cohesion and Magazine Quality look to their homes. The Market boasted 7 stores in Texas, and their vast inventory allowed for exceptional sales volume. Highest volume design sales. Responsibility for average annual sales of $ 900 K.
- 2012, “Artist vs. Architect” for Dwell with Dignity. Creative Director of Design Concept
- 2011, VIP reception designer, Center for Non-Profit Management , “Night of Light”
- 2011, Competing designer for Design Guide Magazine. Voted Best Use of Color.
- 2010, Featured designer by D Magazine for Luxury Suite Design Profile.
- 2010, Selected designer by D Magazine. Luxury Suites Designs for Verizon Center. Selected to design the Owner’s Suite and the Entertainer’s Suite.
- 2009, D Magazine overview and preview of Verizon Center Luxury Suites Designs.
- 2009, Pure Magazine Profile
- 2009, Town Square Magazine Profile
Google SketchUp8(in training), Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, 3D Architect, QuickBooks Pro
Based upon position required, negotiable. Open to both salary and commission-based compensation..
Both professional and personal, available upon request.