Aerospace/ Mechanical Engineering/ Design/ Development/ analysis
ERMIYAS A SOLMON
6050 Milton St. #1118| Dallas, TX 75206 | (469)-364-1493 | email@example.com
Dynamic, forward-looking team player with a sound understanding in mechanical and aerospace engineering. Excellent working knowledge in CAD drafting, including ability to interpret and analyze data to develop and design models. Inspiring team leader with the ability to think laterally to provide solutions, exercising independent judgment and decision-making in the diagnosis and resolution of problems. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• CFD Analysis • Gas Dynamics • Propulsion
• CAD Drafting • Viscous Flow • Structural Design & Analysis
• Aerodynamics • Stress Analysis • Numerical Analysis
• System Modeling and Simulation • Finite Element Analysis • Engineering Graphics & Design
Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Catia V5, SolidWorks, Pro-e (creo), Matlab R12, C-Programming, COMSOL, Ansys, GD&T, G-CODE and CNC MACHINING
Customer Service Representative and Cashier
Perot Museum of Nature and Science (Laz Parking), Dallas, TX 2012 to Present
• Greeted customers, answered inquiries, provided information, resolved problems, and handled various administrative and financial activities.
• Interacted with company field supervisors.
ATC Logistics & Electronics Automotive, Carrolton, TX 2008 to 2009
• Organized and distributed automotive parts, tools and materials with a high degree of traceability in a busy maintenance and manufacturing environment.
• Responsible for shipping, receiving, reception, and chairing the safety committee.
• Using Oracle Database designed, coded, and created a database to track the arrival and details of maintenance
• Appointed as Project Leader for numerous group projects, supervising small groups of 4-6 and assisting team members in troubleshooting problems.
• Collaborated with project team in successfully designing a full electric air vehicle and a hybrid power plant for Helicopter designed for capstone project competition.
• Analyzed and interpreted information from data to develop an aerodynamics output of an external flow over the aircraft and internal flow in propulsion system. The vehicle were modeled in CATIA V5 and some parts were meshed in Ansys for structural and CFD analysis.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON Bachelors of Science (2013)
Major: Aerospace Engineering
Double Major: Mechanical Engineering
CERTIFICATE AND ORGANIZATION
Engineering in Training (EIT) 2013
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) 2012-2014